Wednesday, May 20, 2009

History of strike

I have remembered a famous strike in New York City because I cannot imagine that my country. Three years and half ago, MTA went on strike in NYC. I did not believe that because if they do, people can not move without a subway. Also their strike was illegal, so they were really serious. In my country, some companies sometimes strike, but I don't think their seriously go on strike because workers think about consumers that they should not make trouble with customers. On the other hand, companies exploit their feeling.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting - do you remember - or could you find out through research - what the main issue behind the transit strike was?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not remember exactly what happed, I remember member of union who go on strik was sued by NYC and issue was wages, or not sure. I will find out, when I have a time.

    ReplyDelete